Friday, April 26, 2024

So It Begins!

 Security Briefing - Top Secret - 

With the identification of the unlawful activities of James Bolivar diGriz, AKA Slippery Jim in the Beta Cygnus system, the Special Corps has dedicated an extortionate amount of our budget to set a stainless steel trap for the stainless steel rat.

Wanted in multiple systems, diGriz has been identified as a perfect candidate to join the Corps as an agent, once his larcenous ways have been curtailed and as such, considerable assets are being put into play in an effort to snare the man.

As per usual with Corps procedure, local law enforcement have been told the bare minimum and Corps agents are at work collating information and gently nudging the yokels in the correct direction that will set off a chain of events which will result in the suspects eventual capture.

While the bean counters are wailing about the expenses, as director of the Corps, I am fully aware that we will have one chance to catch the man or he will vanish so completely that we will have to spend even greater effort to catch his scent.

MESSAGE ENDS...

So I've been rummaging my 15mm scale collection for suitable stuff and have discovered I have got quite a lot of what I need already painted or at languishing in my leadpile.

On top of that, I've also purchased the Laserburn starter set from Alternative Armies who currently have the collection on 10% discount as well as a store wide 20% discount mega event. While it is somewhat more than the hobby budget for this project would normally allow, I feel that the big stack of gubbins will make completing the project incredibly handy and at a discount I doubt we'll see for some time.

Not only does the collection include the classic Laserburn rulebook, it has sixty four miniatures, two bikes and four vehicles which will five me plenty of goons, denizens and hapless bystanders to mix it up in games.

With this purchase, I am setting myself the proviso that I cannot get anything else until all this is painted so we shall see how I get on with blasting through all this stuff!

I'm also slowly but surely painting some military types to give the Special Corps some muscle when it comes to capturing Jim and I hope to get some pictures of them in my next post alongside a bit of a roundup of what stuff I currently have painted alongside further plans of my gaming shenanigans and how the project will develop.

Until then, All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So It Begins!

 Security Briefing - Top Secret -  With the identification of the unlawful activities of James Bolivar diGriz, AKA Slippery Jim in the Beta ...